If you’re selling your home or are a realtor in search of ways to make your listings stand out, you can’t go wrong with staging. This proven tool is one of the best ways to increase interest and make your home more appealing to a large range of buyers. When it comes to staging, there are two commonly used methods: traditional and virtual. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of each so you can choose the option that’s right for you.
What is Traditional Home Staging?
Traditional home staging, also called real staging, involves physical furniture and accessories. A company will come to your home and set up furnishings to make it more appealing to potential buyers. Traditional staging involves physically setting up furniture in one or multiple rooms and is done by a professional staging company. To begin the process, you will have an in-person meeting, typically within the house, to provide the designer with a better idea of the home’s style and architecture. During this time, they will provide a quote for the job along with providing their scheduling availability. Typically, physical staging costs between $800 and $3,000, but the cost can increase depending on the size of the home and how many rooms you want to furnish. While real estate agents have turned to traditional staging to promote their properties for years, advancements in technology have made virtual staging an exciting alternative.
Why use Virtual Staging?
There are many advantages of virtual staging for those who prefer an easier and more affordable alternative to traditional staging. Along with the impressive cost difference, virtual staging allows the seller to live comfortably in their home without worrying about rented furniture. It’s an excellent option for vacant properties as well since virtual staging companies can add lighting, colors, and furnishings that make the home look immaculate. While traditional staging can set you back thousands of dollars, virtual staging services start at only $15, with many doing an entire home for under $300. Let’s explore further the differences between virtual home staging vs. real staging options.
Virtual Staging vs. Traditional Home Staging
While both virtual and traditional home staging makes your home look incredible, there are major differences between them. These include:
- Cost – As touched on earlier, real staging is incredibly expensive, setting you back thousands of dollars. Virtual staging, on the other hand, is affordable and cost-effective since it involves digital images and not physical furniture.
- Flexibility – With traditional staging, designers determine which furniture would work best in the space. They have a limited stock of available pieces, which is determined by how many clients they have. If there are already ten people using their services, you may not have access to the furniture styles that best match the design of your home. With virtual staging, there are virtually limitless furnishing options since they come from a digital gallery. You don’t have to worry about other clients using pieces that highlight your home’s architecture; what you need is always available for use!
- Availability – Virtual staging companies are always available to work on your listing. Unlike real stagers, who must fit you into their schedule, virtual stagers are available when you need them.
- Speed – Along with availability comes speed of service. With traditional staging, you could wait weeks or months for the company to deliver your furnishings, and then it can take them up to three days to set everything up. That doesn’t happen with virtual staging. When you submit your information, you receive results in 24 hours, so you can list your property faster.
Pros and Cons of Virtual Staging
Consider these virtual staging pros and cons.
Pros of Virtual Staging
- Realistic results
- Virtually unlimited furnishing and accessory options
- Fast turnaround time
- Interior and exterior options
- 3D tour and virtual renovation options
- An immersive experience for buyers
- High-quality images
Cons of Virtual Staging
- Furniture is not in a physical setting
- In-person viewings are different than online
- Poor-quality images can look fake
As you can see, while there are both pros and cons to virtual staging, the advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages.
Pros and Cons of Traditional Staging
Let’s explore the pros and cons of traditional staging.
Pros of Traditional Staging
- Designers meet for in-person consultations
- The furniture is physically in the space for real-life walk-throughs
- Provides a more hands-on experience
Cons of Traditional Staging
- Requires a team of movers
- Higher potential for property damage
- Limited furniture options
- You must remove the items once the property you sell the property
While there are benefits to traditional staging, for most, they are outweighed by the disadvantages.
Traditional Home Staging vs Virtual Staging – FAQs
Does virtual staging work?
Yes! Virtual staging is highly effective for attracting buyers and helping realtors sell their listings quickly.
Will virtual staging replace real staging?
As you can see from the virtual staging pros and cons, it has many benefits for sellers. Thanks to its many advantages, experts predict virtual staging will replace real staging in the near future. This shift is due in part to technological advancements and younger buyers who are more technologically savvy.
How much does virtual staging cost?
Virtual staging is one of the most cost-effective ways to promote your home. Services start at only $15, and many sellers capitalize on these money-saving opportunities. Whether you are furnishing one room or an entire house, virtual staging saves you time and money.
Does virtual staging work for a home’s exterior?
Yes! Virtual staging is an excellent option for both the interior and exterior of your home. There are many options to make your property appealing to a wide range of buyers. These include lighting, time of day alterations, landscaping, curb appeal alterations, paint, and so much more!
How long does it take to stage my home virtually?
Virtual staging is extremely fast, especially compared to traditional staging. From start to finish, the process only takes hours to complete. Once you’ve taken pictures, you upload them to your virtual staging company’s site. You can then choose a furnishing style. Once done, you will receive stunning, high-quality images, in most cases, within 24 hours.
When you’re ready to make your home stand out, turn to Virtual HomeZen. We offer the widest selection of quality virtual staging solutions you can trust. Our services start at only $15, making us one of the most affordable options for sellers and realtors. We take pride in providing breathtaking, realistic images that improve listings and turn your “for sale” to “sold.” Discover the Virtual HomeZen difference and contact us today.